The Community Foundation is the catalyst and connector, serving generous people like you to make a difference in our community and beyond.
We work with hundreds of individuals, families, and businesses who have chosen to create charitable funds during their lifetimes or through estate plans. We are a permanent source of philanthropic support for the entirety of San Luis Obispo County.
- We provide personalized and specialized services tailored to your charitable goals.
- Our experience spans more than 20 years of impact, with more than 300 charitable funds, and awarding more than $30 million of charitable grants and scholarships in support of important charitable work throughout our region.
- We accept a variety of assets, and steward charitable gifts by making grants and scholarships.
When you become a part of The Community Foundation family, we make an impact together.
How We Can Serve You
As a service to our donors, we are pleased to offer unique “In Our Backyard” education series. Each presentation is different and features interactive and engaging speakers talking about issues in our community.
- Every Girl Has A Voice – A discussion about teen health and safety, and a special performance of the Teen Monologues, a powerful series of performed by and for our youth, courtesy of CAPSLO.
- Opportunities for Youth – The Food Bank Coalition set-up a fun and interactive Children’s Farmers Market right in our office, with local students teaching our donors how the program works!
- Meet A Seastar –The Central Coast Aquarium offered a sample of their “Tidepools on Tour” mobile program currently traveling to local schools. Also, Pacific Wildlife Care allowed us to meet a friendly long-horned owl as we talked about our fragile environment and the need to care for local wildlife.
To learn about how we can serve you and your philanthropy: