The Community Foundation San Luis Obispo County's program began in 2000 and has awarded more than 800 student scholarships, worth more than $1.6 million. See our list of our annual Available Scholarships.
To deepen our commitment to the success of our local students, The Community Foundation partnered with Cuesta College to offer College Night to high school students in San Luis Obispo County. This annual event provides students with an opportunity to meet with college representatives from colleges across the state and country to explore options and attend workshops to help with the college application process. See more
How to Support Scholarships
Invest in students - When you create a scholarship fund at The Community Foundation San Luis Obispo County, you are investing in your community’s future and showing local students that you care about their futures, too.
As partners in supporting education, we accomplish a common goal:
- The Community Foundation provides the expertise to help meet your personal goals, and awards scholarships to deserving students.
- Your gift helps our County’s students achieve their lifetime dreams.
You can create a scholarship as a memorial to someone special, selecting eligibility criteria that exemplify that person’s goals and values. Or, you may use it to express your educational values—or those of your family or business.
A personal involvement:
Depending on your preferences, the scholarship you establish can support any area of academic need, including:
- room and board
- Our staff tracks performance to ensure students continue to meet the terms for scholarship support.
- If the scholarship you establish is renewable, you can review updated information on the progress of recipients over the years.
- You may even elect to meet the recipients of the scholarship—some donors find this opportunity very rewarding!
See some of the amazing recipients of our recent scholarships – where they came from and where they are going. See a listing of our scholarships that includes descriptions and application requirements to help you develop your own scholarship or support an existing one at The Community Foundation.
You may also be interested in making your fund a permanent endowment to support education in San Luis Obispo County - we can help find a giving strategy that’s right for you.
Contact Angela Hollander, Scholarship Program Associate, to learn more.