The Community Foundation San Luis Obispo County’s flexible giving options can be customized to fit your unique long-term financial and charitable interests. We can work with you and/or your financial advisor to help you choose a planned giving strategy that is right for you.
Ways to Give
- Bequest - You can designate a gift or portion of your estate any Community Foundation charitable fund using Sample Bequest Language.
- Charitable Lead Trust - You can place assets in a trust that pays a fixed amount to The Community Foundation charitable fund for the number of years you select. Once this period ends, the assets held by the trust are transferred to the beneficiaries you name.
- Retirement Plan/Life Insurance - For qualified retirement plans and life insurance policies, you can name a Community Foundation charitable fund as the designated beneficiary of a retirement plan or as the designated beneficiary, or partial beneficiary, of a life insurance policy.
- Real Estate Foundation - A supporting organization of the Community Foundation that makes it easy to donate real estate as a part of your charitable giving plan. See more about the types of gifts and how easy it is to donate real estate.
- Private Foundation Alternatives - The Community Foundation’s donor advised funds and supporting organizations offer easy, affordable, and lasting alternatives to private foundations.
- Charitable Gift Annuity - A powerful tool to use to support your favorite charity and receive a fixed amount of income for life for you or another beneficiary.
If you choose to include us in your charitable giving plan, you will be permanently recognized as one of our Visionaries, and join with others who have a philanthropic wish to leave a legacy of support through The Community Foundation.
Your planned gift helps to improve and sustain our quality of life in San Luis Obispo County in perpetuity. Thank you!
Contact us today to discuss your planned giving options.