What are your charitable giving goals?
- To directly support specific community needs that concern you.
- To be remembered in the community by leaving a legacy of support?
- To join others to provide a bigger impact for an issue of concern you have in the community?
No matter what your goal is, The Community Foundation San Luis Obispo County can help you find the right strategy to accomplish all of your charitable giving goals.
We have been helping people in San Luis Obispo County with charitable giving since 1998. Our endowment of more than $34 million and grantmaking program totaling more than $26 million represent residents, organizations and businesses that have placed their trust and confidence in our work to benefit the community today and into the future.
Give locally to benefit San Luis Obispo County
Local charitable giving enhances our community’s life and values. We offer simple, powerful and highly personal approaches to giving.
How It Works
- Contribute cash, stocks, bonds, retirement accounts, real estate or other assets
- Choose a giving method -- such as a will, a trust, or a direct transfer, that meets your financial and charitable goals
- Establish a designated fund, donor advised fund, field of interest fund, scholarship fund, or an unrestricted fund
- Create a personal legacy by naming your fund, or you may give anonymously
- Establish an endowed fund to make your gift last forever
- Qualify for maximum tax advantage under federal law
- Invest your gift
- Monitor community needs in all areas, including arts, economic development, education, environment, health care, and human services
- Award grants from the earnings based on your charitable intentions
- Inform you of investment performance and grant awards
- Handle all administrative details
- Start giving right away! Learn about ways to Give Now through The Community Foundation
- Learn about ways to Give Later through planned giving options
- Find out how to set up your community foundation fund
- Read stories about people helping people through The Community Foundation
Contact us to learn more.