Now Accepting Applications for the Jennifer Thoma Memorial Ballet Scholarship
Mon, Jan 7th
The Jennifer Thoma Memorial Ballet Scholarship was established to help local dancers realize their own dreams. The scholarship will provide support for dancers to attend summer intensive ballet training programs.
Applicant is currently enrolled in school or can show proof of being home-schooled and between the ages of 12 and 19.
- Applicant is a resident of San Luis Obispo County and is a U. S. Citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Applicant plans to attend a summer intensive ballet training program. Program must be at least three weeks in length.
- Description of an appreciation for creation and performance of dance.
- Demonstration of ballet aptitude.
- A letter of recommendation from a dance instructor or mentor.
- Demonstration of dedication to school as evidenced by a GPA of 2.0 or greater.
- Consideration of financial need. If need is a factor, the applicant should cite reasons in their application.
The Jennifer Thoma Memorial Ballet Scholarship Committee intends to award one $2,500 scholarship.
Applications for the 2019 Jennifer Thoma Memorial Ballet Scholarship are due January 7, 2019. Click here for the downloadable application.