About Our Organization
The Community Foundation provides leadership and encourages charitable giving for the issues that improve and enhance lives in the county.
As residents of San Luis Obispo County, we are a thriving, engaged society that is responsible for ourselves and for one another, for our diverse communities, and for maintaining the beauty, productivity, and sustainability of our environment.
Our Core Values
Promote and Facilitate Collaboration in all of our work.
- We recognize, honor and take advantage of the strengths, talents, and expertise of each other.
- We trust and rely on each other and our partners to ensure success in our work.
- We work to have effective communication within our team and with all of our partners.
- We treat others as we would like to be treated.
Strive for Excellence in everything we do.
- We aim to exceed expectations.
- We adopt, support, and maintain best practices in grantmaking, fiscal management and gift planning.
- We are knowledgeable about our communities and practice continuous learning.
- We are responsive and timely in our communication and actions.
Exercise personal and professional Integrity in all interactions.
- We demonstrate honesty, trust, confidentiality and mutual respect.
- We do the right thing even when it is difficult.
- We exercise consistency in decision making, and are transparent about our process.
- We are accountable and responsive.
Practice servant leadership in our Stewardship of resources entrusted to us.
- We honor Donor intent.
- We use care and responsibility.
- We have a long term view in all of our actions.
- We operate from a place of gratitude.
- We recognize and accept differences, diversity and other's life challenges and experiences.
- We welcome contributions from everyone at all levels.